tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Feb 17 20:57:02 1994

KLBC

At the end there is a question for the grammerians.

ja'chugghach vImuv vIneH
tlhIngan HolDaq chorgh jar vIvumtaH
Doch law' vIghojnISbej
nughojmoHlaHlaw' *KLBC* 'e' vIQub

Here is the vocabulary output:

       1  bej                 certainly (verb suffix), watch (v)
       1  chorgh              eight (num)
       1  Daq                 eavesdrop(v); site(n); to, in, at, on (noun suffix)
       1  Doch                be rude (v), thing (n)
       1  'e'                 emphasis on (type 5 noun), that (previous topic) (pro)
       1  ghach               nominalizer (make noun out of) (type 9 verb suffix)
       1  ghoj                learn  (v)
       1  ghojmoH             teach, instruct (v)
       1  Hol                 language (n)
       1  ja'chuq             discuss, confer (v); succession  ritual (ancient) (n)
       1  jar                 month (Klingon) (n)
       1  laH                 ability (n); can, able (verb suffix)
       2  law'                be many (v); apparently (verb suffix)
       1  muv                 join (v)
       1  neH                 only, just (adv); want (v)
       1  nIS                 disrupt, interfere (v); need (verb suffix)
       1  nu                  (he/she, they | us)
       1  Qub                 think (v)
       1  taH                 continue, endure (v); continuous (verb suffix)
       1  tlhIngan            Klingon  (n)
       5  vI                  (I | him/her, them)
       1  vum                 work, toil (v)

To the Grammerians:

Was the use a ghach on ja'chuq correct, assuming that you do not use ghach
on bare stem verbs?  The TKD lists ja'chuq as a verb, however it is
certainly ja' with the suffix chuq.
              ____
             |INRI|
             |    |           Matt Whiteacre