tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Feb 15 13:21:22 1994

Re: this'n'that

ghItlhta' Qanqor HoD:
> Well, harumph!  Seriously, though, if you find me resembling English
> too closely, I wish you'd point it out.  This is an area I'm trying
> to work more on.  I don't think I do that badly, but I'm sure I have
> blind spots like most people.  So, if you can point to specific
> things, I'd appreciate it if you would.  Mind you, that doesn't
> guarantee I'll *agree* with the criticism-- but I suspect I often
> will.

Specific examples.. Ok, how about your usage of {Hech}. I pointed this out
once before, but I don't know if you noticed it. You might write something
like {"surgery" Hech Haq} for "{Haq} means surgery." But that's not what
{Hech} really means. It means "intend, mean to."

Despite your status as pabpo', you screw up just as much as anyone might, not
because of ignorance to the rules, but simple carelessness. In your
flame-conversation in which you chewed out Nick, you did some rather appaling
things, e.g., two suffixes of the same type on one word, suffixes out of
order, things of that nature.

jIqagh'egh  DalchoHmo' DIvI' Hol
DaH tlhIngan Hol vIlo'choH
pabpo''a'na' ghaH Qanqor'e' 'a rut Qagh
QaghDI' lughmoH 'Iv
lughchuqmoHchugh Qanqor ~mark je QaQqu' ghu'
vuDraj nuq

Guido#1, Leader of All Guidos

Back to archive top level