tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Feb 13 23:58:11 1994

prefixes on pronouns

>From: Captain Krankor <[email protected]>
>Date: Fri, 11 Feb 94 16:40:51 -0700

>Hmmm, this is the kind of thing I find most disconcerting:  getting
>messages that contain quotes of other messages that I didn't get,
>and, even worse, which refer to *other* messages I didn't get.  I
>didn't get the refered-to reply from charghwI', nor did I get the
>quote that mark has excerpted above.  Pity, really, if I'd been able
>to read all that, I might not have sent my last follow-up.  Oh well.
>So anyway, my question to you all:  Is it that my local mail is
>screwed up (eminantly possible) or are others having problems
>receiving?

It happens to me too; I often see responses to letters well before the
letters come in.  Recently it's been even more bizarre; messages I've sent
out haven't come back to me for a solid week.  You can sometimes track
these things if you look closely at the headers.  It's not your local
mailer's fault, it's the net as a whole.  Some of the problem may lie with
Eli's mailer and software, but probably not all of it, and even what there
is may not really be fixable.

>	   --Krankor

~mark

Back to archive top level