tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Feb 13 20:18:55 1994

4DOS and NDOS

     To everyone interested in 4DOS (given the voiced interest), I HIGHLY
recommend that you get NDOS with the Norton Utilities. Mostly, I offer that
because the NDOS is an extremely good addition to a lot of other extremely
good utilities. When Symantec bought Norton, I feared the end of a great set
of utilities. Instead, they actually improved things.

     Owning a PC with a hard drive and NOT owning the Norton Utilities is the
kind of living dangerously that may appeal to Klingons, but I suggest that it
is more like owning a dull sword. If you care about your tools, you take care
of them, and the Norton Utilities do that quite nicely, while also tossing in
their licensed version of 4DOS. I've saved more hard drives with Norton's
Disk Doctor than any other tool in my kit.

charghwI'

Back to archive top level