tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Feb 09 21:33:13 1994

Re: vay'mey vItlhob

charghwI' responds to Guido:
> Subject: vay'mey vItlhob
>
> {matlhutlh 'ej maSop wIneH}
> {matlhutlh 'ej maSop DIneH}...

     Or you could escape the problem with {matlhutlh wIneH 'ej maSop wIneH}
if you really think the first sentence is ambiguous...

> Also, I have a pet peeve about the way people have been using {Hech}. Look
it up, it means "intend, mean to." But all too often I've seen it used as
>"mean" as in "equal in semantic value."

     What about {rap}?

> Example: {"surgery" Hech "Haq"}. But this is incorrect.

     "surgery" "Haq" je rap.

> Also, I found {Haq} in the main body of TKD to mean "surgery (n)," and in
> the addendum, we have {HaqwI'} for "surgeon." Does this mean we could get
> away with using {Haq} for "perform surgery?"

     ghobe'. jontaHbogh ghaH jonwI' je rapbe'. wot 'oH "Haq" jatlhbe'chugh
"Okrand" vaj maHvaD wot 'oHbe' "Haq".

charghwI'

Back to archive top level