tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Feb 09 04:46:18 1994

Qanqor, Nick, trI'Qal je

     Okay, I'll admit it. I saw Qanqor's response to Nick's response to
trI'Qal as a large enough block of Hol that I printed it for later instead of
reading it straight on, especially since it used a few words I don't see very
often. I just read most of it.

                       law'qu' mu'mey qu'qu'

     Jeeeeeeeze, guys. I'm using DIvI' Hol this time to make sure I don't
become part of some massive misunderstanding. This is the biggest flame
contest I've seen in my time on this list. I just want to make it very clear
that I have no intent to insult anybody, or anybody's friend, okay?

     I'm tickled shitless that Krankor's back. I'm sorry to see Nick
senselessly attack trI'Qal beyond all reasonable degree and I sorry for the
repercussions which will probably result in the loss of Nick's contributions.
Whatever personal opinions one may have of the guy, he has been an
interesting contributor up to this point. I'm still not sure if the attack
had malicious intent or if he just misunderstood something and got carried
away with what he perceived to have been defense, though it was pretty
offensive. Okay, so toward the end, it was COMPLETELY offensive.

     Anyway, I enjoy tlhIngan Hol. I have much to learn, but I have learned
much recently. Still, I hate to see flames in ANY language, even if it is
part of the culture. It tends to shorten the discourse when one becomes
insulted and leaves, and the insults start sounding repetitive after a while.

     "Oh yeah? Well YOU misunderstood THIS! Oh yeah? Well YOU misused THIS!
Oh YEAH? Well YOU have obviously never understood anything in your WHOLE
LIFE! Oh YEAH? WELL *YOU* ..." It gets ugly when linguists fight. Reeeeeeal
ugly.

charghwI'

Back to archive top level