tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Dec 25 11:44:50 1994

Re: Big time exciting KLI news

On Sat, 24 Dec 1994, KLI Round Table Acct wrote:

> [. . . ] they want their piece, prefereably a big juicy piece.
> Lawrence

Given that the KLI is a non-profit entity, by definition there should be
no pieces, big, juicy or otherwise, for Paramount to profit from.  If as
a non-profit entity we are prohibited from making a profit, certainly
there is no profit for Paramount to get a slice of.

Tax exempt, non-profit is our protection.

Our concern should not be what monies Paramount can take from us (for
there should be none) but what consessions to their will we might be
coerced to pay in return for their continued 'good will'.  Given that we
did not pay for the liscense, they might not be necessarily bound to
continue to grant us that privlidge and said liscense could be revoked
without warning.  Something to watch out for.

As for what conditions they may wish to impose I cannot even speculate at
this time.  The Corporate machinations of Paramount ar one of the great
mysteries of the universe.

There are, however, two two elements that are universal: hydrogen and
stupidity.

Kordite, Intelligence Officer, IKV Dark Justice, Klingon Assault Group

Back to archive top level