tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Dec 21 12:16:30 1994

Re: vay' and lu'

Have you guys considered the fact that Marc Okrand had to create a lot of
Klingon *after* the English version was *filmed*.  I can't remember if
that wasn't the case with the early scene in ST3 with >Qugh< and >valQIS<.

That might explain the origin of >-lu'<.  Lawrence will have to ask Marc
sometime if he can point out what textual material is a retrofit.  (I
believe Marc has mentioned a number of lines already where this was the
case.  I know there are one or two interviews in >HolQeD< mentioning this.)
Something like what we know happened when lines got inadvertently
switched, and now >qama'pu'< is both a sentence, and "the prisoners".

Dave.

<[email protected]>     >tlhIngan Hol Dajatlh'a'?<  "Pardon me, but if I must
David E G Sturm, Laboratory Manager                operate in a vacuum, can
Wake Forest University Department of Physics       I at least have a little
Box 7261 Reynolda Station, Winston-Salem NC 27109  ether to calm my nerves?"

Back to archive top level