tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Dec 14 08:30:17 1994

KLBC: Blood calls for blood.

 uu> From: "Kevin A. Geiselman, Knight Errant"

 uu> "Blood calls for blood."

I would rephrase, first off (yes, I have "charghwI' Syndrome".  Deal with it.
:-)  What's this really mean?

Perhaps "The act of shedding blood incites the urge to shed more blood" or
"When someone causes blood to flow, then others want to cause blood to flow."

It's long and clunky in DIvI' Hol, yes.  Let's see what we get in tlhIngan
Hol.

Note to Hol experts: I couldn't come up with a good way to say "shed" or
"flow".  I'm using {chagh} - "drop" - until I find something better.

'Iw chaghmoHlu'chugh vaj 'Iw luchaghmoH luneH latlhpu'

If someone causes blood to drop then others want to cause blood to drop.

+ Sogh Qob vestai-qutvaj, Second Officer, IKV Crystal Dagger, KAG     +
+                    Member, Klingon Language Institute               +
+ Internet: [email protected]        +
+ Fidonet : Bill Willmerdinger @ 1:2613/477.1701                      +

... QI'tomer'a'?  QI'tomerDaq Heghpu' vavwI'!

Back to archive top level