tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Dec 08 15:04:42 1994

Re: Warp drives (the next wodge)

> > Space and time can be visualised as a rubber sheet that is stretched
> > near massive objects.
> > [??]
>
> Okay. This is it. Somebody else needs to step in here because I
> feel like I'm being assigned to a project that is interesting
> to someone other than me.

Fair enough, but the interest here is supposed to be the challenge of
translating the Klingon, not of whether or not you enjoy the subject
matter. You can let someone else deal with it.

> Sorry, but I happen to have an uncontrollable belief system
> that thinks this whole "space/time" bullshit is a massive
> misunderstanding of Einstein's theories which were only partial
> to begin with. Have you ever READ Relativity?

Kind of irrelevant here, but an interesting read anyway. Sounds awfully
Flat-Earthish though. If it were true, a lot of people in my Department
are going to be very upset, not to mention out of a job.

> It makes me feel like someone in Midieval times who knew damned
> well that the Earth wasn't flat, but hey, who can argue with
> science?
>
> So, anyway, somebody else is going to have to translate the
> rest of this.
>
> I quit.
>
> charghwI'

A little ungracious for the beginners grammarian:

'Hey I disagree with your Science/Art/Religion/Lifestyle/etc., so I'm
not only going to lecture you on this, but I'm going to not translate it
for you.'

I'd have thought this fair enough if you felt the article too
complicated for you to translate, but it seems unfair to discriminate on
the grounds of content, especially when said content is *not* offensive.

charghwI', you provide a great service normally, it is a shame to see
you get upset by something like this. Unless I'm missing a joke of
course.

Remember IDIC.

LLAP

{qSeroHS veyn}
--
Niall Hosking
aka Kserokhs Vaene

'Practise random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.'

Back to archive top level