tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Aug 31 03:27:54 1994

Re: sayings and joke

According to Mark E. Shoulson:
> >My attempt was to come as close as possible to "This is my
> >small badge of genius, but I wear it proudly."...
> >While I'm not delighted with it, I could not quickly
> >come up with something better, though I'm open to suggestions.
>
> Um... "DeghHom wIghHomwIj 'oH Deghvam'e'/Dochvam'e'" for the first part,

Um... Wouldn't that be better as {wIghHomwIj Degh 'oH Deghvam
mach'e'}? Otherwise it is "This badge is my diminutive genius of
the diminutive badge." Anyway, I do prefer the general sense of
this suggestion, even if two of the words do seem reversed. I
was trying to compress the sentence with less redundency, but I
suspect some of the meaning got lost in the process.

> and "I wear it with pride" works better as "vItuQmo' jIHem."

Thanks. I do like this more.

> These are
> some of the constructions used for sentences as adverbs; I just sometimes
> wish there were more.

Of course, if you were Okrand and you wanted an adverb for
"usually"...

> ~mark

charghwI'

Back to archive top level