tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Aug 30 10:23:47 1994

Re: Grouse, grouse, grouse

> From: Susan Farmer <[email protected]>
*deleted stuff from Krankor*
> >From: Mark Reed <[email protected]>
> >Let me use this golden opportunity to repeat my suggestion that the list
> >software be set up so that you can automatically reply to just the sender of
> >the message as well as the entire list.   It's been a while since the last tim
> >Eli and Krankor shot down the idea. :)
> >
> >-marqoS
> >

> But you CAN!  (Well, at least in Unix mail.  'r' replies to the list.
> 'R' replies to the sender.  (or at least the originator -- in this case
> marqoS.

> tevram
You guys are both wrong and right..... marQos, I agree the list software
should be set up in order to allow us to reply to the original sender of
the message and/or the list. tevram I am assuming you are right, since I
don't have Unix.  However, You are both wrong in a couple of places.
First of all, tevram, I can't do it! I don't have unix... I have a
crappy old VMS mailer that really sucks.... I can't do fancy things such
as reply to someone who's name isn't in the "From:" THingy...
That is why the list software should be changed. marQos you and tevram
are both wrong in the same thing: The list software shouldn't have to be
rewritten for the purpose Krankor groused..... He groused because
private replies should be sent by private e-mail. We can each obtain
each other's e-mail addresses by looking at the end of the mail
header... See the begining of mine? I have both of your e-mail addresses
there.  That is where the person should have gotten charghwI' or chuQun
or whoever's e-mail address from for the Bawdy Klingon Filk....
-loDHom
P.S. I sent this carbon copy to you to show you the only way I can
replay to an e-mail sender and the list.

Back to archive top level