tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Aug 23 21:31:55 1994

Re: How to translate the bible???

"Mark E. Shoulson" writes:

 > I thought the KBTP was using the Revised Standard Version?  Or was it
 > another?  I left Kevin's letter at home someplace.  Kevin, can you clarify?
 > Or have I mistaken two names for the same translation?

FROM THE KLINGON BIBLE TRANSLATION PROJECT GUIDELINES: (I thought *YOU*
typed this in Mark?  I got it in e-form from Nick, as I recall).

   GUIDELINES

 	   Translations will be made using the Revised Standard Version of
    the Bible as the baseline English text.  Translators who have a knowledge
    of Hebrew, Aramaic, or Greek are encouraged to make their translations from
    the original languages using the texts listed below.  Knowledge of the
    original languages is required for the editorial staff, who will be
    checking the translations against the original language during the editing
    process.

     [email protected] | Apertus Technologies | GEnie:j.anderson71
      *mumuSHa' yeSuS, Dochvam vISov * muja'mo' joH'a' paq'a' *

Back to archive top level