tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Aug 22 21:57:45 1994

Re: Interesting Thing (tm) about this list

On 19 Aug 1994, Thibaud Salle wrote:
> I notice that I have this annoying tendancy to get the follow-up posts
> FIRST and then the original messages.  Is anybody else having this problem?
> - yes
> Is it just a routing problem?
> - yes
> Does anyone know?  Does anyone really
> care?  (Is that a deafening "NO" that I hear?  :-)  )
> - yes

Is that yes, do we know (and/or) care?  or is that yes, you hear a
deafening "NO"?

Anyhow, it sounds like you are receiving the newest messages at the top
of your mail, which makes life nasty as you read into the past.  My mail
system puts new messages at the *bottom* of the list, so I read forward.
Many systems have options which allow you to reorganize your mail so that
new messages come in at the bottom.  If you can't restructure your mail,
and if you have a mail index option, try reading your mail from the
bottom up.  If you are unable to do that, I feel your sorrow, and kindly
advise you to petition for a more Up-To-Date mail program.

chuQun  :)

Back to archive top level