tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Aug 22 21:18:33 1994

Requesting help!

I would sooner die than face Uucp & Bill Willmerdinger in
battle over Requesting help!!

 Uu> From: "Mark E. Shoulson" <ur-valhalla!cs.columbia.edu!shoulson>

 >qaStaHvIS wa' nem *Riverside*Daq to'baj 'uSHom lughoDlu'bogh vISopDI'
 >HItlhejneS *Rosemary*

 >express "next year" other than qaStaHvIS wa' nem - "while one year from now
 >happens". I considered using -DI' as in qaSDI' wa' nem, but that didn't
 >seem to be correct, especially since I already have vISopDI' in there!

 Uu> I'd accept "nem" as like "leS" or "Hu'" and not requiring the
 Uu> "qaStaHvIS" circumlocution.  Just "wa'nem R-Daq..." works fine for me!

I wasn't willing to go so far as to write "wa'nem" as one word, mostly because
numbers are chuvmey and not nouns.  I got hit with "Only Okrand can do that"
once, I really didn't want it again.  (That's not to say I didn't *think*
about doing it!)

And I note that ~mark and charghwI' have differing opinions again. :-)

Qob

... reH tlhInganpu' taHjaj

Back to archive top level