tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Aug 21 03:33:46 1994

...can of worms

>I'm opening a topic for discussion here, just for the sake of
>seeing what feedback people will give.

>Are Klingon {-bogh} clauses descriptive or limiting? And
>adjectivals, for that matter. Certainly it has been proved that
>Klingon {-bogh} clauses are in no way really comparable to the
>relative clauses of IE languages.

>I would also like to ask about how one would go about negating
>adverbials and clauses.

>(If you're confused on any of these terms, you can look them up in
>elementary linguistics or grammar materials. They are not hard to
>understand once explained properly, but I don't want to waste
>bandwidth, since many here already know these terms, and I'm not
>the best at explaining to others technical terms and jargon.)

>Guido#1, Leader of All Guidos

00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Qu'vatlh!!!

Okay, Guido#1,  Most Youthfull Smartass, You have got me.

I looked through me AN INTRODUCTION TO LANGUAGE (4th ed) by
Victoria Fromkin and Robert Rodman and I cannot find out what You are
talking about jay'!

So if you or anyone on the list can walk me through an explaination
of this abstract concept you would lift a small portion of weighty
ignorance from an overburdaned mind.

--
David Barron || [email protected]  ||   lup Hoch yIyInqu'
   Klingon Language Postal Course       ||   qaStaHvIS wa' lup

Back to archive top level