tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Aug 18 22:48:54 1994

KBTP "schism" in _Locus_

I would sooner die than face Uucp & Bill Willmerdinger in battle over KBTP
"schism" in _Locus_!
 Uu> From: ur-valhalla!bush.cs.tamu.edu!erich (Erich Schneider)
 Uu> Subject: KBTP "schism" in _Locus_

 Uu> 250K copies of TKD sold, etc. At one point, they use a construction,
 Uu> "Klingon, which seems to be the most popular artificial language
 Uu> ever"; if I were a diehard Esperantist I might be offended, as I
 Uu> believe there are millions of Esperantists, some of whom have brought
 Uu> up their children to speak the language..

I myself am NOT a linguist by profession, merely a student of Klingon, so I
must say that I had never heard of Esperanto until I joined this List.  I
would have made the same claim - for spoken languages, anyway.  I would say
that BASIC is the most popular =written= artificial language. :-)

Qob

... DuHoH 'e' nIDchugh 'oH vaj SopmeH ghaytan QaQ 'oH

Back to archive top level