tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Aug 17 13:36:22 1994

Re: Re: Age, Experience

On 18 Aug 1994, Thibaud Salle wrote:

> Okay, enough of our chronlogicla ages.  Are we not KLINGONS!!???
>
> By the way, what is the lifespan of Klingons? More or less than Humans' ?
> --
> Thibaud Salle'      [email protected]       [email protected]

I dunno, but I think the statistical average lifespan for a
Klingon would be significantly shortened due to the belief that it is an
honor to die in battle and that trying to survive to live to a ripe old
age is a mark of great shame.  For example, in the TNG episode where Riker
serves on a Klingon vessel, he meets a crewman who greatly ashamed that his
father surrendered to the Romulans and is now old and wasting away of
natural causes and did not die like a true warrior.  I think the average
lifespan of a Klingon would be greatly impacted by their behaviour as
opposed to physiological longevity.

yoDtargh

Back to archive top level