tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Aug 16 00:32:16 1994

Re:ri' nobmey nobwI' lu

      charghwI'neS, HoltejneS (no sarcasm, but authentic respect for
learning);

  I yield.  I accept your knowledge on the grammatical point.  I also think
that {SoH 'e'} worked well.  But what convinced me was the comment that
"yourself dying" in context ment nothing more than "cattle dying", and that
honor was what was important.
    I am not trying to establish Holy Writ here, but to evoke a particular
mood.  I will meditate on the appropriate use of {-'egh}.

   Therefore, I think I will use {SoH 'e'}.  It also conveys, I feel, the
intent well.

     Onward.  Another late-night dementia.  I could see this being followed
by disruptor fire...

mu'mey QavtaH noy:
'avwI' DatammoHta' 'e' vIQub?!!!

charghwI',
My sympathies on your houseguests.  'oy' DaSIQjaj.

Qapla'

yIHmey SurghwI'

Back to archive top level