tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Aug 15 05:58:30 1994

Re: I shouldn't ask...

>From: Joel Anderson <[email protected]>
>Date: Fri, 12 Aug 1994 14:33:28 -0500

>Is there a phrase yet for "Bible" yet?  As a KBTP participant I'll be
>particularly embarrassed if *everyone* knows it is something or other...

>"joH'a' paq" occurs to me, unless you want to say some goofy
>construction like "paqmeypaq"?

"joH'a' paq" seems reasonable, I suppose.  "paqmeypaq" is silly; sounds
more like a library catalogue.  This business of "book of books" meaning
some sort of superlative book is very idiomatic (and not even common
English idiom either).  lalDanpaq is probably best, though; less
judgemental... though charghwI''s "wIch'a'paq" is, as advertised, awfully
appropriate (from a Klingon's perspective, at any rate), if unpleasant to
some (this from a practising Jew! Heh).

>Don't ask why I want to say this....

~mark

Back to archive top level