tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Aug 08 08:49:57 1994

Re: Klingon Religion (was: Re: for beginners)

>From: "HoD trI'Qal" <[email protected]>
>
>[stuff deleted for brevity]
>
>> >Some of the terms you are using, I understand come from the StarTrek
>> >Encyclopedia.  Personally, I do not consider that a good reference for
>> >the language OR the culture, as it sure as heck doesn't follow the
>> >language patterns we have seen.  This is just *my* opinion.
>>
>> Actually, everything I said comes from broadcast episodes of Trek.  Yes,
>> they're in the Encyclopedia, but my information comes from the tube, not
>> the book.  Just a minor clarification.  :-)
>

>No offense, but to me, that's the same difference. {{:)
>
>If it isn't kept "consistent" I tend to go highly conservative until I
>see soemthing to clarify the "dual" position... if you follow me.

No offense taken.  I know some of the more rabid canon-ists in the r.a.s.*
heirarchy make a distinction between printed and filmed even if it *is*
something like the encyclopedia.

There's a lot to be said for being conservative.  :-)

Susan

>--tQ
>--
>HaghtaHbogh tlhIngan yIvoqQo'!  toH, qatlh reH HaghtaH HoD Qanqor...?
>
>--HoD trI'Qal		Captain T'rkal		---------------------
>  tlhwD lIy So'		IKV Hidden Comet	|   [email protected]

Back to archive top level