tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Aug 08 06:54:08 1994

joke

>From: "William H. Martin" <[email protected]>
>Date: Mon, 8 Aug 94 13:53:35 EDT

[Stuff about direct vs. indirect quotation]

>Anyway, this is definitely interesting. Does anybody know any
>OTHER canon examples of this kind of sentence construction?

Hey, actually, I do.  The jokes in PK.  Remember, they have the two crewmen
talking to the Klingon, or the prisoner and the guard.  They use direct
quotation, though you can't tell about the prefixes.  So that would imply
that at least direct quotation is permitted, if not required.

>> ~mark

>charghwI'

~mark

Back to archive top level