tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Aug 04 13:46:40 1994

A letter to Ael t'arrilaiu of Ch'Rihan.edu

    ----- The following addresses had delivery problems -----
 [email protected]'u'.edu  (unrecoverable error)

    ----- Original message follows -----

 From: Niall Hosking <884744ho>
 Subject: Re: SR: Lack of Propagation
 To: [email protected]'u'.edu (Ael t'Arrilaiu)
 Date: Thu, 4 Aug 1994 18:43:50 +0100 (BST)

Sorry, I seem to be unable to mail you directly using your Ael address.
It always seems to bounce.

Hope you don't mind a public answer.

> : Am I right in guessing that you are chuQun in the tlhIngan-Hol mailing
> : list?
>
> HISlaH, chuQun jIH.  chay Daloy'a'?

Shouldn't that be chay' ?

I presume that you're saying "How did you guess?", and that you're not
being sarcastic (no smilies).

The giveaway - you sign off your mail in a rather distinctive way.  Nice
and original - I wish that I'd thought of it.

Olen sila lumenn' omentielmo (or something like that).
(The stars shine on the hour of our greeting - Quenya)

> -----------------
> Ael t'Arrilaiu, chuQun's roommate

A Rihannu and a tlhIngan co-habiting?  What is the galaxy coming to?
(Hopefully a better place.)

> University of Chronos

Where's that?  And how do I get in?

> : 'Practise random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.'
>    ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
> I heartily support this statement myself.

It seems to go down well.

Thanks for the info.  I'll give it a shot.

BTW, do you have any details on Diane Duane's Rihannsu (?) Hol?

--
qSeroHS vayn
aka

[email protected]

'Practise random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.'

Back to archive top level