tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Aug 02 22:40:02 1994

Re: Scrabble Letter Frequencies

jatlhpu' charghwI'
\Do we really want letter frequencies in written text, or just
\in a word list? In scrabble, you aren't writing sentences. You
\are just writing words. If you take letter frequencies in any
\single person's text, you are getting the frequencies of words
\that person happens to think of most often. If you do it to the
\whole dictionary, then you get the frequencies of letters in
\the common vocabulary.

Okay.  Here're the frequences from my copy of the lexicon (which includes
the addendum but not the later additions to the vocabulary from Power Klingon,
et al. - still should be a reasonable basis, statistically speaking. :)

e	 2631 (13.23%)
n	 2044 (10.28%)
a	 1865 ( 9.38%)
o	 1643 ( 8.26%)