tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Apr 29 02:51:04 1994

KBTP: Psalm 23 revisited; pIn tIn

>From: mark <[email protected]>
>Date: Fri, 29 Apr 94 13:52:19 EST

>ghItlh pIn tIn:

>>  I deliberately used jIHvIpbe' even though I could have avoided
>> it, because I feel Klingonists have to face the issue squarely.
>> This means "I am not afraid", NOT "I am not afraid to be" as many
>> Klingonists claim.  I could have said jIghomvIpbe', but I don't
>> want to pussyfoot around the central issue.

>jang Guido#1:

>> Where do you get off saying that?! This proposition completely
>> lacks any support from TKD or any other canonical source. {jIH}
>> used with verbal suffixes is a verb corresponding to the copula in
>> the first person singular. The line {mIgh jIHvIpbe'} carries
>> implications that are most inappropriate for this passage.

Oh yeah.  Glen's really out of his tree here.  I'm getting less and less
impressed with him whenever I hear from him.  I keep meaning to call him
and discuss a letter of his in which he suggested I replace the "gambling"
in Jonah (casting lots) with "Sanmey tlhob"--"asking the fates".  Like that
isn't incredibly culturally bound.  He's got to get on the ball.

~mark

Back to archive top level