tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Apr 22 19:19:51 1994

way to say "about..."

Yesterday I was leaving a message on the answering machine of a Trekkie
friend of mine and, just for effect, I did it Klingon.

As I was writing out what I was going to say (doubting I could do it
spontaneously) I scribbled out some Hol, including a construction something
like this:

{romuluSngan Hol De' puSqu' neH Sovlu'}

I looked at this for a while and came to the startling conclusion that this
is just the way to express the preposition "about" in Hol. It translates
roughly, "Little is known *about* the Romulan language".

Here are some other examples off the top of my head using {De'} in this way.

{jolvoy De' ja'chuq jonwI'pu'}
{Dupmaj De' Qub'a' Sa'}

ghuHmoHbogh per:

peHoj - <De'> bolo'chugh vaj peyep - mu'vam lI' yIlo'Ha'Qo'

Guido#1, Leader of All Guidos

Back to archive top level