tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Apr 19 15:42:20 1994

Re: KSRP: Hamlet 1:1

Guido#1vo':

>Oh, maybe. I was just trying to set the scene into a more
>Trek-like situation. I do like {vaS'a'} tho. I'm not a big
>Trekkie (I can't be, since none of the channels we get carry
>it), so forgive my ignorance, but what is {vaS'a'}? Is it
>refering to a specific structure, or can it be any vast
>building or room (auditorium?).

vaS'a' is the Great Hall, which I believe serves as the primary
center for political activities.. though I don't know if it
is also a place of residence for the leader of the High Council.
But it is a specific structure (and tourist attraction).

>{vaS'a'} might be a good term for the king's audience chamber
>(that comes in scene 2).

It probably would, if you consider the vaS'a' to be a part of
a larger compound of, say, the {mon} "capital".  That would make
sense.

>>What is yoDneghDogh supposed to mean?

>"cannon fodder". I thought hard about this one a long time, and
that's
>the best I could come up with that expressed the meaning clearly and
>kept the cumbrousness down to a minimum.

ray' ngeD?

> ghItlhwIj vImughta'bogh DalaDta'mo' 'ej QatlhwI' DaSIQtaHmo' bIquv
> Guido#1, Leader of All Guidos

ghojmeH muQaHbejmo' 'oH vIlaDneS

Amy

Back to archive top level