tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Apr 18 16:01:36 1994

Re: "j" (was: Doch Sar)

Hu'tegh! nuq ja' mark jay'?
[Tonogenesis deleted. Mark, I think this calls for a HolQeD article! ;) And
I thought the nascent tone qualities in PK you kept referring to were Michael
Dorn's register gymnastics when confronted with glottal stops. Which, come
to think of it, are the selfsame phenomenon you described:

mu'55qaD11 veS24

[1-5 are tone levels, 5 highest.]]

=charghwI'
==     But I am spitting in the wind.
==     And I wish Klingon had a word for spit. This has to be the single most
==gaping omission from the vocabulary.

tlhIngan mu'ghomDaq Dachbe' mu'vam qech 'e' vIHar: "nujbIQ vIbach" jatlhlu'
net poQlaH.
--
nIchyon.

Back to archive top level