tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Apr 18 13:12:24 1994

Re: KSRP: Hamlet 1:1

ghItlh AmyWest:
>You said you didn't have any complaints yet, but...

>>[tengchaHDaq *'elSInor*Daq

>tengchaH for castle??
>I would prefer to see a more planet-bound term used, like
>naghqach'a', or maybe even vaS'a'.

Oh, maybe. I was just trying to set the scene into a more Trek-like
situation. I do like {vaS'a'} tho. I'm not a big Trekkie (I can't be, since
none of the channels we get carry it), so forgive my ignorance, but what is
{vaS'a'}? Is it refering to a specific structure, or can it be any vast
building or room (auditorium?). As I think about it, {vaS} or {vaS'a'} might
be a good term for the king's audience chamber (that comes in scene 2). Any
better ideas for "castle/fortress"?

>Also, there were two words I couldn't figure out:

>>ber: ghaH jIH.
>>van: bIpaSbe'chu'.

>What is paS supposed to be?

"be late" from CK.

>>Qu'vaD yoDneghDogh lumojbogh mangmeyHey po'Ha'

>What is yoDneghDogh supposed to mean?

"cannon fodder". I thought hard about this one a long time, and that's the
best I could come up with that expressed the meaning clearly and kept the
cumbrousness down to a minimum.

>Overall, it was a pretty good read! :-)

>Amy

ghItlhwIj vImughta'bogh DalaDta'mo' 'ej QatlhwI' DaSIQtaHmo' bIquv

Guido#1, Leader of All Guidos

Back to archive top level