tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Apr 13 13:09:10 1994

Edited Mailing List

Like HoD trI'Qal I too keep a copy of everything coming in off the mailing
list.  And every three months I painfully try and trace a thread or two and
edit down what I find into something that I can squeeze into HolQeD.  And of
course, even after doing that I still need to contact all of the participants
that remain in the edited version and request their permission to use their
posts.  I'm very grateful that everyone has been cooperative and allowed me
to reprint their ideas in the RoundTable section of HolQeD, just as I am
grateful to Eli for letting me use the mailing list for such a purpose in the
first place.

Somewhere down the line, I think it would be a fabulous idea to compile
edited threads from the list.  And maybe, as the KLI continues to grow and
the translations projects succeed, there will be a KLI Press.  I believe this
is a real possibility, especially given all the stuff going on at this end
(most of which I'm not in a position to talk about, so don't ask).

Should this come to pass, then maybe we can undertake such a massive project.
 I hope so.  I think of this list as a sort of Klingon Talmudic court.  The
commentary is often more interesting than the concensus reached.  Both should
be preserved (and they are being preserverd), and with luck will be made
available to a wider audience in the future.

All I can say is, keep the faith, spread the word, and continue to do your
part to help us pull this off.  Everything the KLI has accomplished, and
continues to do is the result of the unselfish dedication of its membership.
I'm just the guy who pays the bills. Thank you for your continuing support.
Please don't stop, keep it coming.

Lawrence

:: Dr Lawrence M Schoen, Director   ::
:: The Klingon Language Institute   ::