tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Sep 21 09:29:30 1993

Announcement

Hello,

Actually this is my first posting to this mailing list, but I would like to
start off by making an announcement of another possible forum for the topic
of tlhIngan-Hol.

The University of Iowa has one of the largest message-only boards in the
world (most likely).  Anyone familiar with ISCABBS knows what I am talking
about.  On ISCABBS, the sysops are the only ones with the power to create
forums for dicussion of topics, and if a new one is to be created, there must
be a form letter submitted by the user who thought of the idea for the forum
and the sysops vote on it.

However, there is an experimental new system now in operation, which allows
any user to create a forum of their choice.  It is on this system that I have
created the forum tlhIngan-Hol.

Here is a brief rundown on how to get to this system:

1) telnet to esprit.panda.isca.uiowa.edu
2) login as 'pandemo' (sometimes it doesn't work and you have to disconnect
	and try again)
3) you will come to a login screen.  Press control-c to quit that screen.
4) next, a menu will pop up.  Type 'go register' to create an account.
5) follow the instructions on the screen
6) I think you probably need to logout and then log back in.  Except this time
	do not bypass the login screen, use your account you just created.
7) you will get to the main menu again.  Type 'go demo'
8) choose option 4 (I think)--Rooster conferencing, if I remember correctly
9) after that, menus are pretty easy to follow

I myself am not an expert on this new system by any means.  Neither am I an
expert in tlhIngan Hol (or else I would have attempted to write this in
Klingon).  But since I am not even sure how this mailing list works, I thought
I would try to get a message up here and see what happened.  I wanted to drum
up some support for the forum on "rooster" and I figured this would be the
best place to do it.  :)

Anyway, that should be it.  Hopefully some of you will come over to rooster
and get some conversations started.

Qapla' juppu'wI'

							-Carl

Back to archive top level