tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Sep 13 16:31:31 1993

Re: law' puqpu' -- tidbits

Quick response to charghwI''s response (gee, that's wierd, mixing the
tlhIngan Hol ' with the English possessive ' {{:-):

I did mean to suggest that a beginner is sensitive (I received no indication
that this was so in this case).  I'm simply concerned with a beginner
being *confused*.  Certainly part of the goal of this list is to facilitate
learning and education, so I'm approaching this basically as a teacher.
I'm just saying don't give someone chapter 7 while they are still working
on mastering chapeter 2.  I am *not* suggesting that one needs to be
gentle, sensitive and PC (although, as Mr. Kloko demonstrated, one does need
to at least be civil).  I have no problem with using a brusque, Klingon-esque
tone of voice, particularly between established list members.  I certainly
freely use brusque tone in discussions here, and I expect it of others.  I
just want to make sure that, at the same time, we are supporting those who
are trying to take those difficult first steps.  And, of course, *anything*
goes, tone-wise, if you are writing in Hol'e' {{;-).

And finally:

Ho'Du' 'IHqu' Daghajbej, charghwI'! {{:-)  chochop not DaneH 'e' vItul!

			--Qanqor

Back to archive top level