tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Sep 13 15:31:27 1993

Compound Prepositions, and joq

>From: "David E G Sturm, Sturm & Drang Inc." <[email protected]>
>Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1993 11:08 CST

>~mark:

>>>...repeating the
>verb as making the most sense...

>Ah, but if you repeat the verb, you have two sentences, thus must use {qoj}
>rather than {joq}.  So why would {joq} exist???

Why, for cases wherein there's no difficulty in conjugating the verb, like
in English "Either Bob or Alice goes there."

Hrm.  I'm starting to think that my example sentences may have been
tainted, in that they were in some way idiomatic in English, while a less
emotionally charged sentence might not have repeated the verb.  Bleah, now
I'm not sure if I care if that matters....

Whatever.

~mark

Back to archive top level