tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Sep 01 16:02:13 1993

Re: Where am I?

Indeed, I would claim that both Randall and charghwI' have valid parses
of naDev vISovbe'.  It could either be "I don't know here" (i.e. I don't
know this place) or "I don't know it here."  In fact, it could just as
easily be "I don't know him/her/them here."  As is so often the case in
tlhIngan Hol, only context can help disambiguate.  More and more I keep
finding that this reliance on context is really not a problem.  But yes,
charghwI' is right that naDev, as a noun, *could* indeed be an object,
even if in practice it rarely takes this role.

			--Krankor

Back to archive top level