tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Oct 21 07:17:42 1993

Re: Daily Musings

Paul came up with the monstrous compound:

ghuntaHghachHolpaQDI'norghvaD

I've been working on the compound translation part of my parser, to
accept more complicated compound noun constructions, but it doesn't
parse this.  The reason is that it involves a triple-compound:

ghuntaHghach: programming
HolpaQDI'norghvaD: language | for teachings

so the whole thing is: programming | language | for teaching

I'm not saying it's not legal, of course, any single noun can combine
in a compound, presumably even if it's a compound itself.  But it
still seems awkward to me.  Isn't there a more elegant, Klingonesque
way to say this?

Holtej

Back to archive top level