tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Oct 11 20:49:10 1993

alt.klingon.lang and Esperanto

Okay, jeez! Let me repeat myself, with one alteration:

    (And one netter even said that there're more people speaking
    Klingon than Esperanto! :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) )

Someone said that, I thought it was funny, and put it in there as an
aside, hence the parentheses. Believe me, if I had factual evidence
that more people speak Hol than Esperanto, I'd post citations, and
*I* would have started the newsgroup proposal, and I would have
proposed a soc. newsgroup!

Now I must confess a certain exasperation with a real-world habit
that's made it onto the net: jumping to conclusions. "I am not now,
nor have I ever been, a member of any group advocating the overthrow
of Esperanto as the international language of choice." Sheesh!

(I mean, isn't it obvious to, like, everyone, that there's no chance
in hell that Hol will overtake Esperanto anytime in the 20th C?!)

Keep Hope Alive!
Geno

--
EuGene epetai-Tramaglino  |||   ____  You never know what you will be
[email protected]            |  __\_ /  attracted to -- or who you will

Back to archive top level