tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Nov 17 04:54:40 1993

Re: Klingon translation of "Jonah"

> {qa'} is a brand-new word
> from Power Klingon, from a toast about the spirit of Kahless living in you
> ({SoHDaq qeylIS qa' yInjaj}).  New, but canon.

     Can somebody PLEEEEEEASE ask Marc Okrand to give us a list of the words
he made up for Power Klingon? I'd hate to have us using a mispelled word
because what we think we hear on the tape doesn't match what he thinks he
said. It's bad enough to learn a word once, but to have to relearn any words
whenever the third edition of TKD comes out...

     I mean I think the guy owes us THAT much. Our unflagging loyalty to his
authority deserves to be rewarded by official spellings of all words in the
Okrand cannon. He doesn't have to touch any of the slop tossed into the
novels or TNG or DS9, but he really ought to help us out with his audio
tapes. Surely a visit from a few burly Klingons in full dress uniform ought
to convince him of this, don't you think?

--   charghwI'

Back to archive top level