tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Nov 15 06:31:20 1993

<<tlhIngan 'o' Humghach>>vetlh

>From: Captain Krankor <[email protected]>
>Date: Sat, 13 Nov 93 11:08:30 -0700

>jIQochtaH.  Like I said, if I had been told the joke originally in English,
>*with* the "scrape off", I still doubt I would've gotten it until it was
>explained.  Though I agree about "quoth".

maQochqu'be'chuq.  [I could probably have left off the -chuq, but I want to
make it clear that I mean "with each other"].  There was also the problem
of simply not catching the cultural reference, and the translation only
exaggerated it.

>       --Krankor

~mark

Back to archive top level