tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Nov 09 18:07:37 1993

Re: FAQ

Another unsolicited testimony! Thanks Matt!

Ahem, I'll try not to waste too much bandwidth, and I hope Eli will excuse
the commercial, but since it IS a FAQ...

When we first started the KLI, it seemed like a good idea to allow people to
either join up and subcribe to the journal, just join, or just subscribe.
But, many people found this confusing, having sent in money to join and
becoming upset when they didn't have issues of the journal arriving in their
mail boxes.  I ended up having to send out dozens of letters, and it got
quite frustrating all around. So... to solve the problem the separate options
were eliminated and a single annual membership/subscription was offerred in
its place.  It's been this way for more than six months now, and I'm sorry if
various sources are sending out the wrong information.  (I know there's some
posting somewhere with the old price from a year and a half ago of $12 for
everything! Sheesh!).

Again, my apologies for any confusion this may have caused. The goal was to
lessen confusion (and I do believe we've done that).  If you know of any
postings of incorrect KLI information, please either correct it, or email the
address of someone I can contact who runs the BBS or list or whatever.
Thanks.

Lawrence

:: Dr Lawrence M Schoen, Director   ::
:: The Klingon Language Institute   ::