tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Nov 02 09:49:25 1993

Few transcripts from previous Deep Space Nine: "Melora"

      Since I have my caption decoder at my home, I thought you may want
to know what was being shown on captions whenever Klingon language was spoken
during the previous episode of Deep Space Nine: "Melora".  If you like
it and want me to do it again in the future, drop me a note.  I can not
promise but I should be able to do it.  As a safeguard, I am putting some
spaces for those who do not want to know even a single word until they watch
the show.  Here come 30 blank lines:
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30

     Scenario:  Dr. Bashir was ordering a dinner for himself and Melora
                at a new Klingon restaurant.

     Klingon chef:  gAGH tEK oR?

     Dr. Bashir:    Shall I order for us both?

     Melora:        All right.

     Dr. Bashir:    Let's see, we'll have some rACHT...

     Klingon chef:  rACHT...

     Dr. Bashir:    ...double order of gLADST...no sauce, please.

     Klingon chef:  gLADST...USU BAL

     Dr. Bashir:    And a side order of ZILM'KACH.  Is that too much for two?

     Klingon chef:  ZILM'KACH

     Klingon chef:  (handing over the plate with food) DRAK DOO

     Melora:        May I?

     Dr. Bashir:    Don't be alarmed.

     Melora:        (examining food on plate) Excuse me, Julian.  I can't
                    eat this.

     Dr. Bashir:    It looks...

     Melora:        (looks at Klingon chef) p'KAR tEL dURG lE fRANKN'L?

     Klingon chef:  dUG abUL, rAH'TAR!

     Melora:        de'TEL KLOP abUL!

     Klingon chef:  pAK'T pOL!

     Melora:        d'KAR tEL g'DENNA!

     Klingon chef:  (chuckles) I like a customer who knows what she wants.
                    (laughing, pick up different food and put on a new plate)

     Melora:        g'DENNA       (I am not sure who was speaking at this time.)

     Melora:        (To Dr. Bashir) There's nothing worse than half-dead rACHT.

     (Dr. Bashir and Melora went off to their table and two next
     customers approached Klingon chef.)

     Klingon chef:  gAGH tEK oR?

     Scenario:  Near the end of the show, again, Dr. Bashir and Melora
                were at Klingon restaurant talking.  Klingon chef was
                singing.

     Klingon chef:  aLER ACHT' JAR
                    aLER AC[H]T' JAR    (the letter H was missing from caption)
                    t'LEMBDA BOOOL-GAH TOH-GAL
                    aLER ACHT' JAR
                    aLER ACHT' JAR
                    t'LEMBDA BOOOL-GAH...

     (a brief dialogue between Dr. Bashir and Melora and then, caption shows:
     "(serenading continues)")

     I may made some errors in transcribing but do not blame me :).  Captions
did not stay long enough for me to write down.

     Qapla'!

                                        Joseph P. Riolo
                                        <[email protected]>

Back to archive top level