tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Nov 02 05:38:59 1993

Re: Venting Steam

On Nov 1, 10:51pm, [email protected] wrote:
> Subject: Re: Venting Steam
>

> Paul Clegg wrote:
> :Five points to anyone who can understand what I meant to say...
> :pa'wIj yInwI' vImuSqu'!
>
> Um, "I really hate my living room"...?
>

> I assume you mean Federation currency..?

     I would assume it meant "I really hate my room mate." More literally, "I
very much hate my room's one who lives." It's not the way I would have said
it, but to say my living room, I would have said "room where I live". Then
again, I doubt REAL Klingons HAVE living rooms, as opposed to bedrooms, since
all they need is one place to store their food and weapons with a cleared
spot on the floor to sleep.

     For roomate, I would have said, "I very much hate the person who lives
at my home."

     I PROMISE I will be writing in Klingon soon. Things at work are insane
right now, and home isn't much better.

--   charghwI'

Back to archive top level