tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jun 25 08:48:29 1993

Translation

Dear Will Martin,

	My Klingon skills are doubtless less than yours; I was
working from the dictionary the whole time!

	I now believe that your sentence did have the intended
meaning; the direct object can be taken to be an unexpressed jIH,
while the name in each case is _not_ an object but a piece of
quoted text.

	Actually, a noun modifier for "with" or using would solve
this problem; it could be attached to the name to clarify its role:

Klingons name me with/by means of "Conqueror".

			Sincerely,
			Randall Holmes
			mughlaw'wI'

Back to archive top level