tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jul 27 12:41:26 1993

Parsers

I have been writing a Klingon Language Parser and I think I have the bug's
out of it.  It is designed to accept a file and output the results to a
file.  Below is a sample of the input/output from the program.  If there is
interest I can either send it to Elias Israel of to you personally.  I also
have a version which analyzes one word.

INPUT:

nuqneH!  wa'DIch poH thlingan Hol jInId.
Matt Whiteacre pongwIj.
jonwI'Daq ghojmoHwI' jIH.
jISaw 'ej wej puqbe'oy jIghaj.
Hol HoHpu'bogh jISov.  tugh tuQoybej.

OUTPUT:

 >> nuqneH! <<
nuqneH              what do you want? (greeting) (excl)

 >> wa'DIch <<
wa'DIch             first (num)

 >> poH <<
poH                 period of time (n); time  (v)

 >> thlingan <<
ngan                inhabitant (n)
thli
 >> Hol <<
Hol                 language (n)

 >> jInId. <<
jInId
 >> Matt <<
Matt
 >> Whiteacre <<
re                  (we | you all)
Whiteac
 >> pongwIj. <<
wIj                 farm (v); my (type 4 noun suffix)
pong                name (n); name, call (v)

 >> jonwI'Daq <<
Daq                 eavesdrop(v); site(n); to, in, at, on (noun suffix)
jonwI'              engineer (n)

 >> ghojmoHwI' <<
wI'                 my (noun suf for beings); one who does (verb suf)
ghojmoH             teach, instruct (v)

 >> jIH. <<
jIH                 I, me (pro); monitor (n) (v); viewing screen (n)

 >> jISaw <<
Saw                 marry (husband does this) (v)
jI                  (I | none)

 >> 'ej <<
'ej                 and  (joining  sentences)  (conj)

 >> wej <<
wej                 not yet (adv); three  (num)

 >> puqbe'oy <<
oy                  endearment, love for one (noun suffix)
puqbe'              daughter (n)

 >> jIghaj. <<
ghaj                have,  possess (v)
jI                  (I | none)

 >> Hol <<
Hol                 language (n)

 >> HoHpu'bogh <<
bogh                be born  (v), which (verb suffix)
pu'                 plural for beings (n suf); phaser (n); past (v suf)
HoH                 kill (v) (n)

 >> jISov. <<
Sov                 know  (v); knowledge (n)
jI                  (I | none)

 >> tugh <<
tugh                soon (adv)

 >> tuQoybej. <<
bej                 certainly (verb suffix), watch (v)
Qoy                 hear (v)
tu                  (you all | me)
              ____
             |INRI|