tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jul 22 23:09:06 1993

Re: HoS voDleH jIH

Greetings everyone!  I`ve been finding time to read the list since way back,
but now finally >finally< have time to make some remarks...

On the issue of how exactly Klingon writing would be oriented, ever since I`ve
had the wonderful fonts that my good friend and KLI co-founder Lawrence Schoen
created (Big Plug Intended :-), I`ve had many opportunities to prepare textual
materials in piqaD.

And ya know, I`ve found the best orientation is to use line-centering on
everything.  This ends up looking quite elegant (not), and is quite reminiscent
of the display screens seen in TMP (of course THE best ST movie--the first
scenes being in tlhingan Hol, and then the next in vulqangan Hol--just ignore
the remainder :-).

I just wish I could find a laser printer that would print good red characters
on a black field.

Dave Sturm

Back to archive top level