tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jul 21 15:11:53 1993

Re: This 'n' That

Jacques Guy says:
: tlhIngan Hol vIghItlhlaHbe' 'ach De'vaD qaSujqu'
"I can't write Klingon." That I got, but what did you mean by >De'vaD
qaSujqu'<? I interpret it as "I really disturb you for the info." However, I
applaud your attempt. I began posting in Klingon only recently; I had TKD and
the tape, and finally just realized that I was ready to start writing Klingon.
It's easier than it looks. (I'm not meaning to say what you wrote up there was
incorrect -- syntactically it was totally correct; I just find the meaning of
the 2nd half a little strange.)

: (whew! now back to English after this exhausting
: effort). Having suscribed to this group only
: recently -- and distantly watched it with a
: desultory eye ("am I, am I not going to reach
: for my Klingon Dictionary to painfully decipher
: this?")
I was at this stage for a long time. A. Appleyard's parser is worth getting --
it's handy not to have to thumb through TKD for every second word (I believe
Eli has a copy).

: I feel that I have missed out on a juicy
: exchange between the infamous thloqo' and the
: upright Klingon community (a tautology I hasten to
: add: HIbachQo'!). Is there somewhere an archive
: where those historical exchanges are kept?
Yes! I have archived all the messages that I have received from this list. My
mail has been down a few times, and I seem not to have received a few of the
messages in the Kloko/tlhoqo' deba^cle, but I'll send you what I have if you're
interested. Please advise.

Qapla' Qichqengwi'vo',