tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jul 01 16:26:06 1993

loS

          sheep   = mouton > mutton
          tribble = yIH    > yique
         "Tribble"      "Tribblefleisch"

          Q. Voulez-vous some yique-on-a-stique?    (yIH)
          A. I mash my yique tartare.               (maS)

          The alternate spelling "yick" survives in colloquial
          expressions like "all-yick BBQ", "deep-fried yick rinds"
          and "sweet-and-sour yick".

          For a time, there was an alternate pronunciation:
          yiche.  But real men don't eat yiche.

          yIH:  it's all in how you look at it.

Back to archive top level