tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Dec 14 12:49:40 1993

Re: tlhIngan Hol qun vIwam - an article

     This has gotten about a half step too far. I feel a need to defend my
original statement in my article, even though I am accepting the suggestion.

On Dec 13,  8:03pm, Marnen Laibow-Koser wrote:
> Subject: Re: tlhIngan Hol qun vIwam - an article
>
> Erich Schneider says:
> :
> :
> : >From charghwI's article:
> :
> : >Note the beginning glottal stop in {'eH}. There are no directions in
> : >TKD for pronouncing a glottal stop at the beginning of a syllable.
> :
> : It's really easy, and is done in many human languages...

     Please note: I did not say it could not be done. I did not say it would
not be easy. I said that there are no directions in TKD on how to do it. I
have not been convinced yet that the truth of that statement has been
sufficiently challenged to justify marnen's:

> charghwi', verengan ghaH'a' SoSli'? ;>

     Nice to know you have friends ready to support you in moments of
controversy...

     Anyway, I do intend to modify both the section on initial glottal stops
and on capitolization. I appreciate the contributions. A newer draft will
follow after I feel more certain that more contributions are not forthcoming.

--   charghwI'

Back to archive top level