tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Dec 10 07:20:58 1993

For he's a jolly good fellow

nuqneH,

My name is Bill Seligman, and I've just joined this mailing list.

I've gotten stuck on what is probably a foolish task: I'm trying to see
if the supposedly tlhIngan Hol words to "For he's a jolly good fellow"
sung in last week's ST:TNG episode actually mean anything, or whether
they were just nonsense.  If the people at Worf's surprise party are
actually singing in tlhIngan Hol, they're doing so with a thick
tera'ngan accent; it sometimes seems to me that could be meaningful, and
at other times it's just a bunch of syllables.

Has this already been discussed?  Is there a resolution?

Back to archive top level