tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Sep 11 19:16:48 2015

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: QIghpej

On Fri, Sep 11, 2015 at 5:27 PM, Anthony Appleyard
<[email protected]> wrote:
> I read somewhere that a Klingon {{'oy'naQ}} (painstik}} is an electric shock prod.

That's pretty much how Skybox card S32 describes it: {chIch vay'
'oy'moHmeH 'oy'naQ 'ul law' tlhuD 'oH.}

I might half-jokingly call a taser {'ul beH}, even though it's more of
a {HIch}, because I want to acknowledge the origin of the word: Tom
[A.] Swift's Electric Rifle. Or I might talk about a {chuq 'oy'naQ} or
a {roSHa'moHwI'}.

If I were to actually invent such a device and be so bold as to give
it a Klingon name, I think I would name it {'ul jat} and see if anyone
figured out why.

-- ghunchu'wI'