tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Sep 03 07:34:36 2015

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: jey

Steven Boozer ([email protected])

> Klingon Word of the Day for Thursday, September 03, 2015
>
> Klingon word: jey
> Part of speech: verb
> Definition: defeat

qajey
I defeat you. KLS

jagh DajeymeH nIteb yISuvrup
To defeat the enemy, be ready to fight alone. PK

qIrq vIjeylaHchugh...
If I could defeat Kirk... ST5

Dujeychugh jagh nIv yItuHQo'
There is nothing shameful in falling before a superior enemy.
 ("If a superior enemy defeats you, don't be ashamed"). TKW

romuluS yo' wIjeyta'
We've defeated the Romulan fleet. KGT

Dujey DIvI' Duj
Lose battle to Federation ship. MKE

TREK TRIVIA:
"Today we conquer. If some day we are defeated, well, war has its fortunes good and bad." (Kor, TOS "Errand of Mercy")

"A Klingon may not be good at accepting defeat, but he knows all about taking risks." (Picard, TNG "Ethics")

SEE ALSO:
jegh  		surrender (v)
chargh 		conquer, vanquish (v)
SuD  			gamble, take a chance/risk (v)